We are hiring for 2 roles:
Start-up Management trainee (BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT FOCUS) & SOFTWARE / DATA ANALYST
Blue Sky Energy Technology is a venture backed start-up with an office in Sheung Wan. We have an agile, friendly and down-to-earth team.
We are working on a widely-scalable solution, and are changing the way people behave for good. We have started out with smart meters and analysis, leveraging data to optimize energy consumption for our clients. Our current customers include universities, property conglomerates, professional service corporate and major non-profits.
Blue Sky’s professional team are graduates from universities such as Brown, Stanford, CUHK, Queen’s, Rice, UC Berkeley and Istituto Europeo di Design, with background in design, electrical, electronic and information systems engineers and environmental sciences.
Our professional experiences span across Bain & Company, NASA, RBS, Hutchison Telecom and HK Broadband, including award winning design experiences and US innovative ventures such as Acumen and solar energy venture.
We are growing and looking for talents to join us.
For more details, check out the JDs below.
To apply, send your resume / portfolio work to [email protected]
We are recruiting on a rolling basis. It is to your advantage to submit your resume as soon as possible.
MANAGEMENT TRAINEE (BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT FOCUS)
As a start-up management trainee, your analytical, interpersonal, creative thinking, business management and leadership skills will be called upon. You will be coached and placed in the thick of the action as you work side by side with our core team with background in management consulting, banking and technology. Every day is different and management trainees, are commonly responsible for executing on growth hacking; project deliverables; data gathering and analysis; industry research; interviewing key clients, customers and suppliers; and presenting findings and deliverables to the clients and team. In this role, you are exposed to a variety of business issues and quickly learn the fundamentals of a start-up core tools. Apply if you’re up for a steep learning curve.
Skills and Requirements
- Currently holding or studying for a bachelor’s or master’s degree
- Entrepreneurship and Ownership: everyone is responsible for getting things done
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills: The ability to speak Cantonese, read and write Chinese and English fluently.
- Self-driven: growth happens daily
- Deadline-driven, organized and able to multitask
- A solid team player who’s also an independent thinker: We communicate timely and transparently; our team culture is practical, down-to-earth and friendly
- A robust analytical skill set, an endless curiosity and resilience to overcome daily challenges
Are you technically-capable, and keen to deploy your program and data skills? In this role, you will be developing software programs covering the full stack. You will also learn and be responsible for analyzing and developing algorithms from the accumulated data, with coaching, support and supervision from Blue Sky's team and network of advisors.
Skills and Requirements
- Obtained or pursuing a degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Electronics, or related subjects; Alternatively, you have taken the initiatives to self-learn and developed software or data projects
- Keen to develop agile and user friendly software program
- Interest and passionate in data analytics
- Team player in a group setting; and self-driven to take independent initiative
- Experience with software programming especially web development
- Practical project experiences in software or data analytics